Tuesday, December 15, 2009

School Skipper II

So i had to update, the coolest thing happened!

I went out to walk my dog. We walked along a sidewalk next to this old abandoned elementary school.. The trees full of bright yellow leaves. The sky was completely clear, like someone took a roller and painted it solid gray-blue. It was quite chilly.

Suddenly, i heard these screeching cries. I looked up to see hundreds, no, thousands of birds flying right over my head. I suppose they were looking for a warmer winter home. They were divided into packs that would stop in trees every so often. The leader would make this distinct knocking sound on the tree and they would all fly off.. They lasted for five or ten minutes easily. I just stood and watched.

After their cries faded away and they were gone, i began walking again. I only got a few feet before i looked up again to see ten birds or so flying behind. They were the stragglers. And i found myself identifying with those birds. They struggle to keep up in a world that flies too fast. Keep up with the standards of others. They flew lower, stopped more often, looked as if they would like to just give up. But they knew they must keep flying. Maybe we're all those stragglers.

Neat, eh?
Perhaps im just one of those people who sees everything symbolically.
Anyway, i really wanted to share that.

Oh, tuna and crab are lovely. Only 100 cals a can. Put it over some lettuce (which is what, ten cals?) and have a salad for a light meal! mmmm. thats what im doing for dinner, with the crab.

s'laters <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of those people as well=)
    gosh, whatever you do, don't stop bloggin'!
    I can sense we may have some really good talent on our hands..(is there any other kind?)
    ANYWHO lettuce is like, 4 cals a head.
    Ha. Ha ha.
    Gutter mind.

    Anyway, hope you're having a good day=)

    ~A

    ReplyDelete